Friday, January 22, 2010

Happy Friday

Wow what a day I had. Yesterday my son came home upset that he didn't have lunch. Apparently the pattern that was happening last year is starting again. The teachers in his middle school have trouble controlling certain kids. So when the select few are rowdy the solution in the school is to punish the entire class since they are a group and the motto is even if you are good you are still responsible for the rest! What a great lesson. So yesterday the kids were rowdy, my son was quiet. The teacher punished the kids in the class by making them sit at the "detention" table in the lunchroom doing an punishment assignment, only when they were done and the rest of the students in the lunchroom got their lunch the class was allowed to get up. Abuse? I think so. My son only had a few minutes to gobble down the only selection left which was cold piece of chicken. When I called the school their usual remark is that they don't know about this, well i told the principal that if she doesn't know what her staff is doing especially related to cruel and unusual punishment she has a problem. This situation happened before and next time I will be discussing this matter with the family advocate as well as the board of education. Can you believe that my son is in the talented sigma program? I wonder what kind of kids are in the other classes? I also want to know what is the school doing to safeguard my child other than punishing him by denying him the full befit of a lunch break.

In the meantime I am running to get my shipment out. Here are a few items up for sale:

http://shop.ebay.com/igmato/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment