Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Cooking ideas

Trying to find good recipes that are tasty and kids will also like. My husband and I love Thai food but we realize that some of spices are a bit too spicy. Cant seem to find healthy ideas that kids will like as well. My
older son loves Japanese food and loves sushi. I am tired of the old cookbook and receipes I have so here is one that I made last night and was a great success as a main dish surved with rice and some salad:

Chicken Curry

6 boneless chicken breasts cut in half and diced
2 cloves of garlic that are minced
3/4 onions, I used vidalia but this can be used with any sort. chopped.
1/2 cup of green peppers.
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 tablespoon of margerine
2 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon salt or salt substitute



Directions:

In a skillet saute the chicken that has already been diced in olive oil till the chicken is cooked thoroughly.

Reove the chicken and set it aside.

In the meantime melt margerine in the skillet and saute the garlic, onions, peppers till they are soft.

Add the curry powder, thyme and salt blending them with the sauted vegetables.

Add the chicken and stir well.

Enjoy !

No comments:

Post a Comment