Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Snow snow glorious snow

The snow is still around and the driving and walking is difficult. The mayor promised on Sunday to have the snow cleaned up from the streets where schools are. He said it is his number one priority! Well, yesterday both the elementary and middle school streets were not cleaned up properly, kids almost fell trying to cross the street with their parents, people picking up with their cars couldnt stop, the roads are also bad. My street has yet to be cleaned. I guess the streets that are not important dont get the clean up. In NYC it appears that Manhattan gets the priority and the rest are left waiting. I guess that is the way it is, people complain to each other and nothing gets done, they are upset about the mayor's overall performance for the past 8 years and still voted for him to be re-elected in November. I am sure we will have more taxes, more snow problems, more issues with the MTA and worse and worse conditions for the middle class living in the boroughs outside of Manhattan. I feel that if people are complaining to each other they should be voicing their opinions to those who matter specifically those who are in office. Few do, those of us who voice their opinions are often deemed as trouble makers but accepting things that are wrong to you is advocating for yourself not being a trouble maker. So I will continue to be a trouble maker until my street is cleaned up, but I am sure that the snow will probably melt before that happens :)

Happy Holidays and all the best in 2010!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment